Social Network for Black Hair Care
Taking proper, daily vitamins and minerals plays a huge role in keeping your hair healthy. Your hair ultimately reflects the overall condition of your body. If your body is healthy and well-nourished, your hair will be your shining glory.
Some of the healthy hair vitamins are as follows:
1. Vitamin A – This vitamin is an antioxidant that helps produce healthy sebum in the scalp. Food sources: Fish liver oil, meat, milk, cheese, eggs, spinach,
broccoli, cabbage, carrots, apricots and peaches. Daily dosage
should be 5,000 IU.
2. Vitamin C – It is an antioxidant that helps maintain skin & hair health. Food sources: Citrus fruits, strawberries, kiwi, cantaloupe, pineapple,
tomatoes, green peppers, potatoes and dark green vegetables. Daily Dose: 60 mg.
3. Vitamin E – This vitamin is an antioxidant that enhances scalp circulation. Food sources: Cold-pressed vegetable oils, wheat germ oil, soybeans, raw seeds
and nuts, dried beans, and leafy green vegetables. Daily dose: Up to 400 IU.
4. Biotin – This vitamin produces keratin that prevents hair loss and hair graying. Food sources: Brewer's yeast, whole grains, egg yolks, liver, rice and
milk. Daily dose: 150-300 mcg.
5. Niacin (Vitamin B3) – This vitamin allows scalp blood circulation. Food sources: Brewer's yeast, wheat germ, fish, chicken, turkey and meat. Daily
dose: 15 mg.
6. Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) - This prevents graying and hair loss. Food sources: Whole grain cereals, brewer's yeast, organ meats and egg yolks. Daily
dose: 4-7 mg.
7. Vitamin B6 – It prevents hair loss and helps create melanin that gives hair its color. Food sources: Brewer's yeast, liver, whole grain cereals, vegetables, organ meats and egg
yolk. Daily dose: 1.6 mg.
8. Vitamin B12 - It prevents hair loss. Food sources: Chicken, fish, eggs and milk. Daily dose: 2 mg.
Remember! A good multivitamin is the sure foundation of health and nutrition.